Saturday, April 25, 2009

New Kid in Town

Before we left for vacation over Spring Break, which I'll get to eventually, I had to go to Wal Mart for some last-minute Easter things. You know, the usual candy, Easter dinner and stuff like that. Oh, yeah, I got the boys each a new shirt and shorts.

Anyway, as I was walking out to my car, I saw this dad and his 2 little girls with a crate full of puppies. There was something about them that drew me to them.

I put away my groceries and walked over.

In that crate (I wish I'd taken a picture--I do have an iPhone after all) were about 6 black lab puppies and one yellowish lab puppy.

They were jumping and yelping and climbing all over each other. Just when I was going to make pleasantries with the dad, the yellow one looked up at me, yawned, laid down, and fell asleep.

I told the dad that I would take that one if he would keep it for me until after we got home from vacation. Of course he said sure. He was looking to give away 7 lab puppies!

Monday evening, the 20th, Zac and I went to St. Francisville to pick up our puppy.

Meet Shredder...


I've absolutely NEVER been a crazy dog person, but this pup is the sweetest one ever. He's very laid back, has only had 2 accidents in the house, loves to go with us everywhere, can already play fetch, and hasn't found my shoes yet.

By the way, Jake had naming rights for this one. I'm sure that when he finds my shoes he will live up to his name.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is really cute, I can't wait to meet him. Love, mom

Jenn said...

He is too cute! I love the name, Jake did a great job.

Travis & Jeri Tidmore said...

man he is cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Precious pup!!! I can't wait to meet him :D

Rachael

Anonymous said...

He is so cute....I agree - Jake did a great job naming him. Post more pictures!!

Enjoyed having y'all at the lake!! Next time the weather will be better!! (I'm sure)..

Rhonda

Anonymous said...

What a sweet puppy! He is adorable and reminds me of Allie when she was young! I am sure you will have many wonderful and exciting years with Shredder (love the name)!
Wendy